InterRAI instruments are professional, internationally developed instruments for determining the needs of specific population groups. The instruments used in Switzerland have been adapted to Swiss conditions:
RAI-Home-Care Switzerland (from: Resident Assessment Instrument, RAI): Assessment tool for adults, mostly older people who are cared for and looked after by the Spitex at home. This instrument will be replaced in the course of 2019 by the new interRAI HCSchweiz
interRAI Community Mental Health (interRAI CMHS Switzerland): Assessment tool for people with a mental illness who are looked after and cared for at home by Spitex psychiatry specialists.
Using the interRAI tools, the care and support needs of each client are carefully assessed. The information flows directly into the nursing planning and quality assurance process.
In the foreground stands the greatest possible independence and quality of life of the clients.
The use of interRAI needs assessment tools has been proven to improve the quality of care and to ensure systematic quality promotion that meets the requirements of the Health Insurance Act (KVG).
Purposeful and comprehensible
The standardized requirement clarification
- ensures a targeted individual care and help at home
- makes it easier for the clarifying person to carry out their observations and questioning in a logical order
- ensures that nothing is forgotten
- provides a good basis for the traceability of the services
- promotes a common language among caregivers and caregivers
- facilitates cooperation with doctors, the nursing staff of inpatient institutions, the physiotherapist or the occupational therapist
All client-related data is kept strictly confidential.